Here's a resource for you if you are trying to give up one or the other (also all these products are also egg-free if you have sensitivities to that too!). These are our favorite products that many people who aren't GF/DF love too when they come over ;)
Austin is a great place where we have access to many health goods and gf/df/vegan grocery items. If you don't live in Austin, then I've included Amazon links to all that I recommend for ease of buying!
Breakfast and baking StaplesGF/DF (and most are vegan and non-GMO!)
- Love Grown Foods, we particularly like the Strawberry Power O's and the three kid's cereal, these are gluten-free and vegan and bean based so low-glycemic and t.a.s.t.y
- Little Northern Bake-house, can be found at your local Sprouts and we love the Millet Chia Bread
- Young Living Pancake & Waffle Mix, we use that around here as an AP flour and it's my favorite flavor- not too strong gf, but uses healthy gf, non-gmo grains
- Katz Donuts- these do contain eggs, but are a tasty occasional treat around here for those of us who tolerate egg OK on occasion.
- King Arthur GF AP flour, this 3-pound size on Amazon is the best deal by far- only $3 more than the 1 pound-er!
- Neat Egg for egg replacement- I prefer using this to flax eggs in recipes
- Enjoy Life for all allergen-free chocolate recipes. They have dark chocolate morsels that I love for baking
- Domata seasoned flour for frying
- Wholly Wholesome frozen GF pie crusts
- Yogurt: Forager (cashew based), Kite Hill (almond based and my personal fav), or Coyo (coconut based- but so much better than all the other coconut ones!)
- Butter: Earth Balance, the coconut spread is our favorite- this is found in most stores
- Milk: We love Flax Milk from Good Karma and Calafia Farms for Almond Milk
- Cool Whip: So Delicious Cocowhip (found in freezer section of most stores)
- Sweetened Condensed and Evaporated Milk: Natures Charm (sweetened cond. milk is so, so, so yum! see my recent cookie pie recipe with this stuff!)
- Coffee Creamer: Calafia Farms- they also have wonderful coffee-flavored milk goods too!
- Cheese: Treeline for soft, spreadable cheeses and dips (scallion flavor used in my gf/vegan lasagna recipe), Follow Your Heart Mozzarella shreds, Kite Hill for cream cheese, sliced cheese: Chao Slices
- Ice Cream: Coconut Bliss with gluten free + vegan ice cream cones too!
Dressings and Sauces
- Follow Your Heart Vegan Dressings like Cesar and Ranch
- Tessamae's line of Dressings
- Fabanase line of vegan mayo flavors- we love chipotle
- Just Mayo, great vegan mayo that can be found anywhere!
- Salsa, Guacamole, and Hummus are also all great choices everyday ;)
- Do you miss sour cream and onion chips? For these type items we love Earth Balance Brand. (the cheese squares are not gluten-free thought- fyi!)
- Go Raw for snacking- seeds and dried goods are great for road trips!
- Snap Pea Crisps - these are affordable and a great on-the-go snack
- Glutino Pretzels, hard to find gf/df pretzels!
- For more snack ideas check out this post on my blog from last year. These are all great for lunches too!
Quick Meal Ideas
- Lundberg boxed rice meals
- Tamales (these are generally found locally, but almost always gf and can be found df and vegan too!)
- Ian's (not vegan, but the kids love chicken nuggets or fish sticks occasionally!) brand frozen- can be found at target even. Bub's loves the turkey corn dog nuggets ;)
- GF noodles + DF tomato sauce (check your tomato sauce can for Milk, many store bought- even organic ones, contain milk as an ingredient!)
- Smart Flour pizza crusts + tomato sauce + df cheese (see above)